Montclaire Swim Club
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
In compliance with state and local regulations, please see the below guidelines implemented to help keep all members safe this summer. Please remember all rules and regulations are subject to change during this unprecedented time.
- Montclaire Swim Club will be operating at a capacity limit of 120 members on the pool grounds, with 69 of those in the pool at any time.
Opening Weekend (June 26-June 28):
- For opening weekend, we will be implementing a reservation system. There will be 30 family spots available per session. Each session will be three hours. Our goals are to provide a safe climate for our members, to give all families a chance to experience the summer fun, and to give our dedicated staff a manageable situation, as we ease back into operations with new guidelines.
- You must CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP for a Friday, June 26 session.
- You must CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP for a Saturday, June 27 session.
- You must CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP for a Sunday, June 28 session.
- Sign-ups will be open through Friday, June 19.
- Membership forms and fees must be received by Thursday, June 18, in order to reserve a spot.
- Only one person in your family needs to sign up – but everyone on your membership can come.
- Only sign up for one session per day.
- If you are a single adult (18+) and have an individual membership, you do NOT need to reserve a spot.
- Guests will not be permitted for the first weekend.
- Pool hours for opening weekend will be daily 11:00AM-8:00 PM June 26-June 28. Starting June 29, pool hours will be daily 12:30 PM-8:00 PM.
Social Distancing/Face Masks:
- Members are asked to maintain 6 feet apart from members who do not live in their own household.
- Lifeguards need to focus on their job and may not be able to enforce proper distancing in the pool; we ask parents/guardians to help enforce social distancing among their children.
- Face masks are recommended, except when members are in the water. PLEASE DO NOT wear masks while in the pool, and do not wear a wet or soiled mask- as this can lead to injury. All staff will be required to wear face masks while on duty. For member safety, lifeguards will not wear one while on the stand or pool deck in order to quickly perform duties, in case of emergencies.
- All tables, chairs, and lounges will be spaced apart. Please ask the manager on duty to relocate any chairs or tables if deemed appropriate.
- Directional flow and 6’ distance visuals will be marked at the entrance, around the deck, and at concessions for social distancing.
- Storage will not be permitted in shower rooms. Members must not congregate in the shower rooms. The best practice would be to come and leave in your swim attire.
Enhanced Disinfecting Protocol:
- All high touch surfaces will be frequently disinfected throughout the day (every 15 minutes to 2 hours or after each use) with CDC approved cleaning solution, including pool handrails, counters, faucets, etc. All lounge chairs and tables and restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis.
ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION:
- Please stay home if any signs of illness are present. This includes, but is not limited to: fever, body aches, sore throat, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, nasal congestion, chest pain, etc.
- The CDC currently maintains “there is no evidence that the virus causing COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools”.
- Refrain from sharing food, drink, or equipment with those outside of your household.
- Signs with current recommendations will be posted around the deck.
- Please remember to wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer often. Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations throughout the facility.
- Remember to cover your cough or sneeze in a bent elbow or tissue.
- Avoid sharing items such as goggles, snorkels, water bottles, etc.
- Montclaire Swim Club will not be loaning any items or equipment to members.
- Limited furniture will be provided. Feel free to bring your own chairs or portable lounges, but they must be taken with you when you leave the pool grounds.
- For now, scheduled parties will only be after hours. Please see a manager for more information.
- The slide will be closed for the 2020 season.
- The drinking fountain will be closed for the 2020 season.
If your question was not addressed or if further clarification is needed for a concern, please feel free to contact Michael Taplin (Pool Manager) at (618) 541-2240